Titan's World - Cupboard of My Soul

Titan, in pink, in flames
Titan is a young non-verbal autistic man with multiple disabilities. He lives with his carer Nate in New South Wales.

“From his Cuboard of My Soul”

Sometimes I can’t stand touching myself. I find the feel of my own hands on my skin irritating. It feels too rough or too soft.

it is like a shock and I grind my teeth


And sometimes I cant stand it even if another part of my body accidentally brushed on my skin, like my forearm against my leg, it is like a shock and I grind my teeth because it is so irritating to me.

makes me want to scream

I feel the same with nails on a chalkboard or scratchy sounds or Styrofoam. I really cannot stand Styrofoam, makes me want to scream.

I have to do all I can not to hit the person or swear at them


I can’t stand other people touching me, if its too soft I get the same reaction. I hate being touched in sympathy, I have to do all I can not to hit the person or swear at them. At the same time too hard and I don’t enjoy it unless I am close to the person.

I want to pull away but I want to get closer to him at the same time

Sometimes Nate touches me during the night and I want to pull away but I want to get closer to him at the same time. I stay and put up with it despite it being so irritating because I want to be near him.

0 Replies:

Post a Comment